Recording of Daniel presenting at Seattle Tech Meetup
Last night, we presented to over 250 people at the March Seattle Tech Meetup. It was a fantastic event and great for WhichBus, but not for the reasons you may think.
One of the questions during Q&A was how we’ve kept the motivation and continued sticking with WhichBus for over a year now. There’s tons of reasons, but one of the biggest is seeing the response we get when people experience WhichBus for the first time. Showing WhichBus to crowds at events like last nights provide us with a shot of energy. Just check out some of these tweets, how could we not be excited?
- Yeah, @whichbus I’m sold. Beautiful demo. #StMeetup
- I already love @whichbus. #stmeetup
- Simple, beautiful public transportation app? Whaat??? @whichbus #STMeetup goodbye onebusaway
- #STMeetup I may need to get back to use bus again! Lolz
- Just downloaded @WhichBus App See ya OneBusAway wouldn’t wanna be ya! To the future where I can actually find a bus! Amen! #STMeetup
If you missed the event, you can check out the slides:
There’s a great post on the visualizing Seattle area transit. In the graphic show here, each dot is one commuter and how they get around. See more on the idvsolutions UX blog.
We’re happy to announce that WhichBus has launched! The site is now public so you and everyone else can start using WhichBus right now by visiting http://whichbus.org on any modern browser, including phones and tablets.
A couple of things that make WhichBus special:
- Built-in trip planning. Don’t know what bus to take in King County? No problem, just type where you’re going, such as Pike Place Market, an address, or intersection and WhichBus will tell you.
- Real-time information. We’ll tell you exactly when the bus is coming, early or late.
- More than just buses. WhichBus also pulls in routing information and time tables for Link Light Rail and Washington State Ferries.
The past year has been incredible. We’ve gone from a Startup Weekend project in January 2012, to an audience with Mayor McGinn in July, to winning multiple awards at the EvergreenApps competition in October. A huge thank you to all the beta testers and everyone else who helped us get here, because we couldn’t have done it without you. We may have launched, but we’re not done, so please continue to give us your feedback.
WhichBus has officially launched! Now live on any modern browser from http://whichbus.org!
On October 1st, WhichBus took 3 awards (2nd Place Overall, People’s Choice, and Best Multi-jurisdictional App) at the EvergreenApps.org, a state-wide app contest. We are humbled to have done so well and thank you to everyone who voted for us in the People’s Choice contest!